Nalytics Search & Redact
AUTOMATICALLY REDACT ANY THIRD PARTY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION (PII) WHICH SHOULD NOT BE DISCLOSED
Redaction is essential to protect and remove personal and sensitive information from documents before their distribution. It is used by the government, law enforcement, large and small businesses, and even individuals to protect certain pieces of information. The information removed from view could be names, addresses, national insurance numbers, birthdates, ethnicity, political or religious beliefs, health-related information, trade secrets, classified national secrets, and so on.
Within the legal sector, lawyers routinely redact portions of documents to be turned over during the discovery process in civil lawsuits. Those deletions occur to protect lawyer-client privilege, lawyers’ work product for clients, commercially sensitive information, and information not relevant to the litigation. Other redactions are required by the courts themselves, to protect personal information such as National Insurance numbers from misuse.
Redaction is often necessary to achieve compliance, for example to GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act) and PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). The combination of legal fees, fines, penalties, and loss of consumer trust can be fatal, even for large corporations. It can push small businesses into bankruptcy.
Redaction is the separation of disclosable from non-disclosable information by blocking out individual words, sentences or paragraphs or the removal of whole pages or sections prior to the release of the document.
– The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Before computer systems, the process of redaction included many items and methods, including liquid paper, black markers, scissors, and photocopiers. Once technology allowed for the sharing of documents by electronic means, the ability to redact was a necessary feature that many businesses demanded.
What makes Nalytics Search & Redact Different?
Nalytics Search & Redact provides automatic redaction of sensitive or confidential information.
A cloud-based solution, it provides an easy to use, comprehensive set of tools to enable the fast and complete redaction of textual and graphical content. This not only includes content within Microsoft files, such as Word or Excel, but also emails and their attachments, text files, PDFs, and so on. Images and scanned documents can also be redacted.
Functionality within Nalytics Search & Redact includes automatic creation and zipping of redacted files for distribution, making it quick, easy, and manageable to deliver them.
A Dashboard provides concise information about a user’s redaction requests and highlights those nearing/exceeding their due dates. Admin users have additional Dashboard capabilities, including a view of all your organisation’s redaction requests and compliance statistics.
Tagging functionality also enables users to mark files, e.g., as requiring follow-up, or having completed review/redaction.
Want to take the next step?
Why Nalytics Search & Redact?
- Provides the structure and workflows to allow organisations to redact their documents in an efficient and compliant manner.
- Most file types supported; no need to convert to PDF beforehand.
- Enables direct collection of data via several connectors to third-party systems such as SharePoint.
- Supports one or thousands of documents at the same time.
- ‘Sifting’ capability allows selection of specific documents to redact from a larger collection. Sifting features include:
- FINDING DOCUMENTS CONTAINING SPECIFIED WORDS OR PHRASES AS WELL AS ALTERNATIVES AND SYNONYMS FOR THESE WORDS/PHRASES
- METADATA SEARCH TO FIND DOCUMENTS WITH PARTICULAR NAMES, OF A PARTICULAR TYPE OR BY A SPECIFIC AUTHOR
- CONSTRAINING RESULTS BY DATE
- EXCLUSION OF EMAILS TO AND/OR FROM SPECIFIED EMAIL ADDRESSES AND WITH SPECIFIED TEXT IN THE EMAIL SUBJECT
- Powerful and easy to use redaction capabilities enables users to protect information that must not be disseminated without compromising on the data that must be shared. Redaction features include:
- ABILITY TO AUTOMATICALLY REDACT PERSONAL DATA SUCH AS NAMES, EMAIL ADDRESSES AND NI NUMBERS ACROSS THE ENTIRE DATA SET
- AD-HOC REDACTION/UN-REDACTION OF WORDS AND PHRASES EITHER IN A SINGLE FILE OR ACROSS THE DATA SET AS A WHOLE
- FREEHAND REDACTION USING DRAWING TOOLS TO REDACT IMAGES AND LARGER BLOCKS OF TEXT